Friday, July 11, 2008

So I thought I would try this blog thing...

I decided to give blogging a try primarily for the reason that I enjoy reading the blogs of others. I guess I figured it was lazy of me to read what is going on in the lives of others without giving them the opportunity to read the happenings of my life as well. The problem probably is however, that not many people will find my posts exciting. But what can you do? I will do my best.

My summer has been fun. I've been blessed with the opportunity once again to teach in summer school. I teach only 3 days a week, for 5 hours each day which is great hours. But above that, the kids I get to work with are a blessing and a joy. It is hard work, working with special needs students, but it couldn't be more fun or rewarding. The kids I get to work with each week have severe to profound special needs, and are between the ages of 3-5. They have had their moments, but overall it has been fun working with them.

Last night, Ben and I played tennis with some of our good friends. Normally we play ultimate frisbee on Thursday nights, but we didn't have enough people so the four of us decided to give tennis a try. We played one game of doubles which was distarous. However, I really enjoyed playing singles and thought it was much easier. It is also a good work out. I would like to try it again sometime. Plus I won, so you can't beat that, right?

I'm really looking forward to our trip to Mississippi and Alabama at the end of the summer, although I do not want the summer to end too quickly. Since Ben doesn't have any time off work until then, we have enjoyed some fun weekend trips like going to float the Illinois River, a couple of trips to Tulsa, and a trip to Dallas. Overall, it has been a good summer and I've stayed busy enough to not get bored. Speaking of boredom, I'm going to wrap this up. We will see how it works, and I might try it again soon. Be blessed.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Maybe you will be better at it than me. Looking forward to reading more. Love you!

Jonboy said...

I remember the good old days of blogging.... on Xanga... It is always fun to hear about how things are going... in fact i might start a blog too..

Donald said...

yay!